Lando Series Still Being Developed With Donald Glover


Kathleen Kennedy has been revealing much about the future of Star Wars, and it seems a Lando Disney + series is still being considered.

With the continuation of Star Wars Celebration, even more announcements and teases about the future of the franchise have been trickling out. One piece of information to be revealed by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy is that a series starring Donald Glover as Lando is still one that is being discussed as a future project. While Kennedy has made it clear that there will be a new emphasis put on the movie arm of the franchise in the coming years, that does not mean they are abandoning the solid TV work Lucasfilm have been producing recently.

Discussing her previous comments about the recasting of older characters, in an interview with GamesRadar at this week’s event, Kennedy explained:

MOVIEWEB VIDEO OF THE DAY

“I never say never. It’s certainly not something that we’re doing with any intention right now. We’m still talking about Lando with Donald Glover, for instance, but I do not think we would intentionally just look back at some of the characters like Luke and Leia and whatnot and decide arbitrarily to do a story. There would have to be a really strong reason why. “

The character of Lando first appeared in The Empire Strikes Backbut Glover took over the role in Solo: A Star Wars Story. Although the movie was by no means the best received Star Wars movie, Glover’s performance was marked out as one of the highlights of the film and immediately singled out for a possible expansion. In 2020, it was announced that a mini-series based on the character was being put into developmentbut since then there had been no word on whether the series was still going ahead.

Related: Star Wars Movies Will Return to the Disney Trilogy Era, Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy Says

Star Wars Celebration Has Made Many Reveals About The Franchise’s Future

Kathleen Kennedy has made it clear that there is a plan for the Star Wars franchise that involves many more TV shows and movies to come. While Disney + shows will continue with Andor, Ahsoka, Skeleton Crew and the third season of The Mandalorianthere are many film projects now being considered and developed, including one by Taiki Waititiwhich is expected to be the next Star Wars movie to hit the big screen, potentially as early as December 2023.

While there are no details known about Waititi’s movie, Patty Jenkins’ Star Wars movie, Rogue Squadron, seems to have fallen out of favor at Lucasfilm, with Kennedy having revealed previously that the film could still happen, but it does not currently fit into the plan that is being developed for the franchises’ big screen outings. This seems to tie in with the belief that the franchise is heading beyond the Skywalker Saga that the last 45 years of storytelling have been based around. With a new trilogy by Spider-Man: Now Way Home director Jon Watts also expected to move ahead, there is probably more to be excited about than ever before for Star Wars fans.

Obi-Wan Kenobi is the latest offering from Lucasfilm to hit Disney +, with two episodes released already and new ones arriving each Friday, while Andor comes to Disney + on August 31.



star-wars-rise-of-skywalker

Star Wars Movies Will Return to the Disney Trilogy Era, Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy Says

Read Next




Source link

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.